Saturday 30 January 2010

Is it spring yet?

Yawn...stretch...hmmm...

I think I must have fallen asleep, I do hope I wasn't snoring too loud.

Apparently the snow that was here has gone and there is new snow here instead. I was not entirely convinced that I had been asleep that long but Bramling dragged me outside to see the snowdrops just pushing their little heads through the ground so I guess I must have nodded of for quite a while.

I also seem to have missed the first workshops of the year so I made up for my absence by helping Her Ladyship tidy up the last of the Christmas stock and dust the shelves before rearranging the shop display for spring.

It can be quite a dirty job especially when there's snow outside and the floor gets wet so all the dust gets wet and sticks to my feet as I pad about the floor. I shall have to fill the bucket with some warm soapy water and wash them later on.




His Lordship is snuffling away in front of his computer with a head cold…I do hope I don’t catch it…not with a nose like this!

Never mind the oil burner is steaming away in the corner with some tea tree and eucalyptus oil in it, so hopefully that will help, it makes the place smell lovely too…perhaps I could use some on that smelly old goblin.

“Bramling…oh Bramling…are you busy?”

3 comments:

  1. You did well to sleep through it all. Let's hope the new stuff doesn't stasy for long. Good luck for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have very nice long elegant feet with straight toes.I can see that you didn't grow up wearing pointy toed shoes like I did.I live in the bush but I don't believe I've seen feet that dirty or that colour.What have you been eating?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you kindly Derrick I do love spring so as everything wakes up after the long winter.

    You can't see in my portrait Rallentanda but I don't actually wear anything but the artists apron Her Ladyship gave me...something to do with frightening the customers when they come into the studio.
    I do have a pair of blue wellingtons and a rather snazzy pair of socks but I didn't want to get them dirty.My mother always said I got my nice green tinge from my fathers side...they were forest Elves.

    ReplyDelete